2017 Call for Applications
The European Delegation (ED) Call for Applications for the Harvard Project on Asian and International Relations (HPAIR) 2017 Asia Conference in Sidney between 17th and 21st August 2017, which includes a pre-conference tour in loco for the members of the ED, as well as an online preparation seminar (early June 2017 ) and a post-conference volunteering community project* in Sidney (the weekend after the conference).
Who are we and what do we want to achieve?
The European Delegation is a group of ambitious young professionals and students that aims to foster mutual understanding between Europe and Asia. We bring a European voice into the transpacific dialogue. At the same time, we seek to create trust between young leaders in Europe and Asia, preparing the young generation to tackle present and future global challenges. We want to facilitate the cooperation process between Europe and Asia – making them trusted allies in global politics – who are connected through shared values, interests and respect.
Each year, The European Delegation consists of a group of highly qualified individuals from various disciplines, professions, and countries within Europe. This unique group of motivated Europeans will participate in the Harvard Project on Asian and International Relations (HPAIR) 2017 Asia Conference in Sidney at the end of August 2017. The conference participation is encompassed by an online preparation seminar (June 2017 tbc), and an exclusive post-conference community project.
In the past, The European Delegation has participated in HPAIR 2012 in Taipei, HPAIR 2013 in Dubai, HPAIR 2014 in Tokyo, HPAIR Manila 2015 and HPAIR Hong Kong 2016. Delegates are not mere participants, but are expected to actively contribute to the organisation of all parts of the programme.
*Note on post-conference activity: Please note that this activity is not compulsory and the exact date will be communicated once the delegation is announced.
How can you participate in The European Delegation?
The European Delegation is looking for applicants with an active interest in this year’s conference topic and with the ability to contribute to the project as well as to the conference. In addition, an outstanding academic or professional track record in any field is required to be eligible for consideration.
As a member of The European Delegation, your application to HPAIR will be prioritised and you will pay a reduced registration fee.
- You are a citizen of a European country (including non EU-countries), or have strong links with Europe.
- You are a university student or young professional.
- You have an outstanding academic or professional record; have shown an active interest in Asia and international relations and full working proficiency in English.
How to apply
The application process consists of two steps: You have to apply separately for the HPAIR Asia 2017 conference in Sidney as well as for The European Delegation 2017.
1. Apply for the HPAIR Asia 2017 Conference
- Register at www.hpair.org and apply for the HPAIR Asia 2017 conference in Hong Kong. Indicate on your application that you are interested in being part of The European Delegation 2017. Enter “The European Delegation” in the “HPAIR partnership club” field in the application form.
- Applications from potential European Delegataion delegates will be handled with priority by the HPAIR committee.
- Deadline: you need to apply to the HPAIR conference by June 3, 2017 (Final Application Deadline)
2. Apply to The European Delegation
- Fill out the 2017 Application Form and together with all supporting documents send it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Deadline: your full application must be submitted by 3rd June 2017 (final deadline), 23:59 CET.
- We aim to notify successful applicants 15th June 2017.
Please note that acceptance to The European Delegation 2017 would automatically mean and guarantee your acceptance to HPAIR. Nevertheless, you will need to submit an application to both organisations.