The European Delegation is a group of young leaders dedicated to ensuring Europe’s future on the global stage, with specific focus on Asia. It aims to strengthen ties between Europe and Asia through developing delegates’ intercultural skills, knowledge and networks. Delegates are selected through a rigorous application process to guarantee that only the best students and young professionals will represent Europe. Throughout the selection process, specific attention is given to creating a diverse and interdisciplinary European delegation in order to reflect the diversity and variety that exemplifies the European continent.
Each year, the delegation meets for a preparatory seminar in order to establish its standpoint on the issues to be discussed at the annual HPAIR Asia Conference. During the conference, the delegation actively participates in the panel sessions and organizes its own contributions to the conference programme. The delegation then reconvenes in September in Berlin for a concluding public discussion to discuss the main findings from the conference and plan future activities.
The European Delegation pursues the following objectives:
- to represent the perspectives of the younger European generation on an international stage and to improve international awareness of European-Asian relationships.
- to strengthen ties between Europe and Asia through developing delegates’ intercultural skills, knowledge and networks.
- to create trust and mutually beneficial networks between young leaders in Europe and Asia.
- to foster understanding of diverse cultural backgrounds by offering young Europeans a unique opportunity to visit and experience Asia.
- to heighten the awareness of the growing importance of Asian and Middle Eastern markets for European economies and understand the potential of those markets.
- to tackle Europe’s political and economic challenges in the coming decades.
Every year the European Delegation publishes a report detailing the outcome of its activities and of the participation at the HPAIR Conference. Please find here attached the 2015 Delegation Report.